March 26, 2015
Zig Zag Zoom, A New Mobile Game Company Formed by Former Disney Executives to Create Fun Experiences and Drive Meaningful Global Change
Los Angeles, CA (March 26, 2015) – Zig Zag Zoom is a breakthrough new mobile game publisher formed by an experienced team of game makers who hail from Disney Interactive, EA, Activision, Konami, Nintendo, NHN and more.
- Zig Zag Zoom was founded by former Disney Interactive executives Thomas Kang (CEO), David Moon (COO), and John Pleasants (Chairman).
- The Company is a mobile game publisher with the mission “to be a world leading network for mobile games that Entertains, Connects, and Empowers millions of daily users to Do Good!”
- Doing good is good business
…according to a Nielsen globalsurvey, 55% of respondents are willing to pay more for products and services from companies committed to positive social and environmental impact.
mobiliz3 Publishing Platform
- Enormous amounts of time and energy are invested in playing mobile games. Americans spend 2 hours and 38 minutes on their phones every day, with 50 of those minutes dedicated to playing games – the single largest category of apps. (Source: Flurry). mobiliz3 channels this energy to Do Good!
- mobiliz3 is a publishing platform that invites mobile gamers, developers, cause organizations and corporations to make a difference through mobile games.
- mobiliz3 has a unique engine that empowers players
to giveto causes they care about. Players earn mobiliz3 points while playing fun mobile games, then direct those points to causes of their choice directly through the mobiliz3 platform. These mobiliz3 points translate to dollars, and fund real world activities.
Zig Zag Zoom Games
TreeStory (Q2/2015 Launch): A virtual pet game where players nurture seedlings into fully- grown trees. When players’ pet trees are sent to their virtual forests, real world trees get planted! Tree planting campaigns will be executed through the Company’s expert partners, which include the U.S. Forest Service, Project Learning Tree, ACTrees, and the Arbor Day Foundation. Tree Story was developed in partnership with Tree Planet, an award winning game from South Korea that has resulted in the planting of more than 500,000 trees in 73 forests across 10 countries.
- Towering Oceans (Q2/2015 Launch): A 3D building game where players build eco-friendly towers on moving ships! As players sail around the world, they build, upgrade, and customize their vessels while managing passengers and resources. Towering Oceans features multiple innovations
onthe tower-building genre, including 3D graphics and locomotion.
- Pop Runner (2015 Launch): An endless running game where pop stars with
parkourabilities run through iconic global locations. As players progress through the game, the in-game world gets better and better! The game is currently in development with Sticky Studios, the team behind the hit movie game The Maze Runner.
- Reel Quest (2015 Launch): A unique game that combines
slotmachine reels with traditional RPG mechanics. Reel Quest is the first non- causegame to launch on the mobiliz3 platform that will engage a core gaming audience and invite all gamers to Do Good!
Additional games to be announced.
Zig Zag Zoom Investor and Partners
- Zig Zag Zoom has secured strategic financing from
iDreamSky, the largest independent mobile publishing platform in China. This agreement provides Zig Zag Zoom access to distribution in China, one of the fastest-growing game markets in the world, and a pipeline of games from Asia.
- For Tree Story, Zig Zag Zoom is partnering with prominent
non-profitand government organizations, including the U.S. Forest Service, ACTrees, Arbor Day Foundation, and Project Learning Tree.
- For Towering Oceans, Zig Zag Zoom is partnering with Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) on climate change, clean energy and other in-game campaigns. With more than a million members, EDF works to preserve the natural systems which all
- Additional partnerships will be announced throughout the
year coincidingwith the launch of upcoming games.
Tom Kang, CEO of Zig Zag Zoom:
“We are fortunate to have a strong investor and technology partner in
Jeff Lyndon, President of
Tom Tidwell, Chief of US Forest Service: “Partnering with Zig Zag Zoom, an organization committed to positive social and environmental impact, will enable the Forest Service to increase awareness of the importance of our nation’s forests and develop the next generation of conservationists.”
David Moon, COO of Zig Zag Zoom: “We are excited to be partnering globally with leading developers and cause organizations to publish great games, and enable players to drive change in the real world through entertainment.”
- Zig Zag Zoom web site
.S .Forest Service web site ACTreesweb site
- Project Learning Tree web site
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Environmental Defense Fund
About Zig Zag Zoom
Based in Los Angeles, CA, Zig Zag Zoom (Z3) is a mobile game publisher built on the principle that people want to both Have Fun and Do Good. Z3’s mission is to be a world-leading network for mobile games that Entertains, Connects, and Empowers millions of daily users to support the causes they care about by simply playing fun mobile games. Founded by a team of former senior Disney executives and partnered with China’s largest independent mobile gaming platform iDreamSky, Z3 has decades of combined game development and publishing experience, as well as exceptional access to the Chinese market. Along with a slate of games releasing in 2015, Z3 is launching mobiliz3, a proprietary platform that empowers gamers to give to their favorite causes while playing their favorite games. Z3 seeks to change the world…one game at a time. The company can be found online at www.zigzagzoom.com